Released regularly, the Richard Flint Photography podcast features photography news, photo projects, website and podcast links, multimedia, videos, photography articles, details about upcoming exhibitions, photographic awards, and more. Several bonus podcasts are also recorded each year.
Available in an easily downloaded audio format, the photography podcast is released regularly (around six episodes a year plus a number of special podcasts focusing on photo projects. The podcast covers all sorts of photography-related topics that include photography books, photographers, classic and contemporary photojournalism, landscapes and locations, etc.
Each episode features a number of recommended links to online galleries, multimedia featuring contemporary and classic work by a wide range of photographers both old and new. From Niépce through to Nachtwey, the podcast covers all aspects of photography with a particular focus on photojournalism. A few bonus podcasts are also recorded each year either on location somewhere in the UK or looking closer at a particular subject.
Podcast Links Page
All of the weblinks for the online digital content mentioned in the podcasts, including an archive of past links from podcasts going back to 2010, can be found on the dedicated podcast links page at https://darkerskies.wordpress.com/podcast
Although the podcasts do look at the technical elements of photography from time to time, the processes of image-making, the photography itself, and the photographers who make those fantastic images are the main focus of the podcast. The focus is on the image, the process of taking photographs, and not the equipment used.
Subscribe to the Podcast
The RSS feed can be found at https://feeds.feedburner.com/TheRichardFlintPhotographyPodcast
The Podcast’s anchor.fm page can be found at https://anchor.fm/richard-flint-photography
RFP Podcast: January 2022 – The Richard Flint Photography Podcast
- RFP Podcast: January 2022
- RFP Podcast: September 2021
- RFP Podcast: August 2021
- Bonus Podcast: Sea, Sky, Sand and Street – Final Mooring
- Bonus Podcast: Sea, Sky, Sand and Street – Fishing Boat at Sheringham
- Bonus Podcast: Sea, Sky, Sand and Street – Mother and Son
- RFP Podcast: June/July 2021
- Bonus Podcast: Mull of Galloway, Scotland – May 2021
- RFP Podcast: April/May 2021
- RFP Podcast: February/ March 2021
Recent Podcast Episodes
- Back after an enforced break with a quick update. The RFP Redbubble shop gets close to 400 photos available to purchase as prints etc with a new collection of archive photos. In the links are award winning photographs by Sally Mann, images from a British Army Tank unit and a look at the work of street photographer Sabine Weiss who died recently aged 97. All the links can be found on the links page. Details at richardflintphoto.com/podcast
- A bit of a switch around this month due to the delay in getting the September podcast recorded. September's Scotland trip will now be talked about in next month's podcast complete with a recording originally made for a bonus Scotland podcast. I'll also cover recent website news in that podcast too. In this podcast, however, I talk about the move to new podcast hosting that should improve the podcast no end. Better distribution, links in the show notes, and more! Some great photo links are thrown in at the end from the BBC In Pictures page including images of Joy […]
- In the August podcast… talking about the recent bonus podcasts released to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Sea, Sky, Sand and Street. In the links, two from Afghanistan looking back at the twenty years of photography from the war torn country and a collection of images from this year's Olympics in Tokyo. All of the weblinks for the digital content mentioned in the podcasts can be found on the dedicated podcast links page at darkerskies.wordpress.com/podcast
- Celebrating the tenth anniversary of the release of the Sea, Sky, Sand and Street photobook, this series of three bonus podcasts takes a look at some of my favourite images from the book. This podcast will look at three more images from the book starting with Final Mooring – shot in Brancaster Staithe. The second image is one of the most memorable photos from the project – Brancaster Beach with storm clouds building. The final image is the Wells Next the Sea crabbers down on the harbour that became the book's cover. Check out the image via the gallery at […]
- Celebrating the tenth anniversary of the release of the Sea, Sky, Sand and Street photobook, this series of three bonus podcasts takes a look at some of my favourite images from the book. This podcast will look at two more images from the book starting with a Fishing boat a Sheringham – an image that was an early candidate for the book's cover. The second image is of an abandoned bicycle at Burnham Overy Staithe. The final podcast in this series will feature my favourite final three photographs from Sea, Sky Sand and Street. Check out the image via the […]
- Celebrating the tenth anniversary of the release of the Sea, Sky, Sand and Street photobook, this series of three bonus podcasts takes a look at some of my favourite images from the book. The first photograph is Mother and Son shot on a busy Saturday in the Norfolk town of Wells-next-the-sea. Check out the image via the gallery at richardflintphoto.com or via the podcast links page at darkerskies.wordpress.com/podcast
- In the June/July podcast: News about an upcoming trilogy of bonus podcasts celebrating the ten-year anniversary of the Sea, Sand, Sky and Street project. In the photo links… images from the 2021 Tour de France, photography from the fires in California and Canada and we take a look at the brilliant photojournalism of Danish Siddiqui, a Reuters photojournalist recently killed in Afghanistan. All of the weblinks for the digital content mentioned in the podcasts can be found on the dedicated podcast links page at darkerskies.wordpress.com/podcast
- A special bonus podcast recorded on the Mull of Galloway in Scotland. Three separate recordings made over four days while photographing the Mull lighthouse. The weather conditions were fine but very windy which added to the fun of recording the podcast. Listen out at the end for the Mull Of Galloway foghorn!
- In this brief update podcast… the Billingham bag reviews from the blog are now linked on the Billingham website. The website's exclusive fine art print shop has been improved and a new colourized photograph service has been added. Finally, there is news about an upcoming bonus podcast recorded on the Mull of Galloway. No links this month but I will add a bumper amount of links to the June podcast.
- In the podcast… The website gets some love and improvement, some things that can't be talked about now but will talk about later, and a bit of news about an upcoming Scotland trip. In the photography links, there is photo repair on a huge scale in Japan as Tsunami victims are reunited with their family photos/albums, Ian Berry's photo of a summer's day in Whitby, photo in a Russian Naval base from 1990, and America by streetlight by photographer Daniel Freeman. All of the weblinks for the digital content mentioned in the podcasts can be found on the dedicated podcast […]