Released regularly, the Richard Flint Photography podcast features photography news, photo projects, website and podcast links, multimedia, videos, photography articles, details about upcoming exhibitions, photographic awards, and more. Several bonus podcasts are also recorded each year.
Available in an easily downloaded audio format, the photography podcast is released regularly (around six episodes a year plus a number of special podcasts focusing on photo projects. The podcast covers all sorts of photography-related topics that include photography books, photographers, classic and contemporary photojournalism, landscapes and locations, etc.
Each episode features a number of recommended links to online galleries, and multimedia featuring contemporary and classic work by a wide range of photographers both old and new. From Niépce through to Nachtwey, the podcast covers all aspects of photography with a particular focus on photojournalism. A few bonus podcasts are also recorded each year either on location somewhere in the UK or looking closer at a particular subject.
Podcast Links Page
All of the weblinks for the online digital content mentioned in the podcasts, including an archive of past links from podcasts going back to 2010, can be found on the dedicated podcast links page at https://darkerskies.wordpress.com/podcast
Although the podcasts do look at the technical elements of photography from time to time, the processes of image-making, the photography itself, and the photographers who make those fantastic images are the main focus of the podcast. The focus is on the image, the process of taking photographs, and not the equipment used.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Subscribing to the podcast is easy using Apple iTunes, Android, or Spotify. The archive links below are also available to download the podcasts as an MP3 audio file.
The RSS feed can be found at https://feeds.feedburner.com/TheRichardFlintPhotographyPodcast
The Podcast’s page can be found at https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/richard-flint-photography
RFP Podcast Extra: Revisiting Tim – The Richard Flint Photography Podcast
- RFP Podcast Extra: Revisiting Tim
- RFP Podcast: January/February 2023
- RFP Podcast Extra: January 2023
- RFP Podcast: August – Podcast Update
- RFP Podcast: January 2022
- RFP Podcast: September 2021
- RFP Podcast: August 2021
- Bonus Podcast: Sea, Sky, Sand and Street – Final Mooring
- Bonus Podcast: Sea, Sky, Sand and Street – Fishing Boat at Sheringham
- Bonus Podcast: Sea, Sky, Sand and Street – Mother and Son
Recent Podcast Episodes
- 35 years or more after seeing it as a tennage photographer just starting to take images, I've rewatched the BBC Arena documentary 'Mentioned in Dispatches' about Vietnam war photographer Tim Page. I thought I'd capture some brief thoughts about Tim's images, his influence on my photography and how the documentary looks now.
- In the podcast: A catchup about what's been happening and the plans of the podcast, photobooks etc, and in the links, I take a look at one of my early heroes Vietnam war photographer Tim Page who died in August 2022. Tim had a huge influence on me as a young photographer. The 'Mentioned in Dispatches' BBC documentary especially sparked my interest in photojournalism. Links mentioned in the podcast Time Page's obituary in The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/01/tim-page-obituary Tim Page: the Vietnam war photographer’s career in pictures https://www.theguardian.com/media/gallery/2022/aug/24/tim-page-the-vietnam-war-photographers-career-in-pictures Tim Page 'Mentioned in Dispatches' – BBC Arena -1979 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JPT_fKHOzw
- Back with an update about the Podcast for 2023. Regular episodes, short 5 minute podgrams and more.
- After taking a break from social media and the Podcast for a few months, it's time to start posting again. This podcast is a update about the break with a quick photo link for the photographer Eric Treacy. Check out his photography on Google.
- Back after an enforced break with a quick update. The RFP Redbubble shop gets close to 400 photos available to purchase as prints etc with a new collection of archive photos. In the links are award winning photographs by Sally Mann, images from a British Army Tank unit and a look at the work of street photographer Sabine Weiss who died recently aged 97. All the links can be found on the links page. Details at richardflintphoto.com/podcast
- A bit of a switch around this month due to the delay in getting the September podcast recorded. September's Scotland trip will now be talked about in next month's podcast complete with a recording originally made for a bonus Scotland podcast. I'll also cover recent website news in that podcast too. In this podcast, however, I talk about the move to new podcast hosting that should improve the podcast no end. Better distribution, links in the show notes, and more! Some great photo links are thrown in at the end from the BBC In Pictures page including images of Joy […]
- In the August podcast… talking about the recent bonus podcasts released to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Sea, Sky, Sand and Street. In the links, two from Afghanistan looking back at the twenty years of photography from the war torn country and a collection of images from this year's Olympics in Tokyo. All of the weblinks for the digital content mentioned in the podcasts can be found on the dedicated podcast links page at darkerskies.wordpress.com/podcast
- Celebrating the tenth anniversary of the release of the Sea, Sky, Sand and Street photobook, this series of three bonus podcasts takes a look at some of my favourite images from the book. This podcast will look at three more images from the book starting with Final Mooring – shot in Brancaster Staithe. The second image is one of the most memorable photos from the project – Brancaster Beach with storm clouds building. The final image is the Wells Next the Sea crabbers down on the harbour that became the book's cover. Check out the image via the gallery at […]
- Celebrating the tenth anniversary of the release of the Sea, Sky, Sand and Street photobook, this series of three bonus podcasts takes a look at some of my favourite images from the book. This podcast will look at two more images from the book starting with a Fishing boat a Sheringham – an image that was an early candidate for the book's cover. The second image is of an abandoned bicycle at Burnham Overy Staithe. The final podcast in this series will feature my favourite final three photographs from Sea, Sky Sand and Street. Check out the image via the […]
- Celebrating the tenth anniversary of the release of the Sea, Sky, Sand and Street photobook, this series of three bonus podcasts takes a look at some of my favourite images from the book. The first photograph is Mother and Son shot on a busy Saturday in the Norfolk town of Wells-next-the-sea. Check out the image via the gallery at richardflintphoto.com or via the podcast links page at darkerskies.wordpress.com/podcast