Released regularly, the Richard Flint Photography podcast features photography news, photo projects, website and podcast links, videos and more.
Available in an easily downloaded audio format, the photography podcast is released regularly with around six episodes a year plus a number of bonus podcasts. The podcast covers all sorts of photography-related topics that include photography books, photographers, classic and contemporary photojournalism, landscapes and locations, etc. There is also news about the website, Richard’s photography projects, travel, book projects and more.
From Niépce through to Nachtwey
Each episode features a number of recommended links to online galleries, and multimedia featuring contemporary and classic photography. The podcast generally covers a broad range of photographers both old and new. From Niépce through to Nachtwey, the podcast covers all aspects of photography with a particular focus on photojournalism overall. A number of bonus podcasts are recorded each year specifically looking at a travel location, particular photography subject or photographer.
Podcast Links Page
All of the weblinks for the online digital content mentioned in the podcasts can be found at https://darkerskies.wordpress.com/podcast
The podcasts do look at the technical elements of photography from time to time, however, the processes of image-making, the photography itself, and the photographers who make those fantastic images are the main focus of the podcast. Generally, the podcast looks at the image, the process of taking photographs, and not the equipment used.
Subscribing to the Podcast
The Podcast’s page can be found at https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/richard-flint-photography
Podcast RSS Feed
The RSS feed can be found at https://feeds.feedburner.com/TheRichardFlintPhotographyPodcast
Bonus Podcast: Arran and Campbeltown – The Richard Flint Photography Podcast
- Bonus Podcast: Arran and Campbeltown
- RFP Podcast: Back to the Blogs
- Bonus Podcast: Favourite Northumberland Photograph Pt2
- Bonus Podcast: Favourite Northumberland Photograph Pt 1
- RFP Podcast: Lost tweets and a photo mystery solved
- RFP Podcast: Northumberland Castles and Railroad Landscapes
- RFP Podcast: March 2023
- RFP Podcast Extra: Revisiting Tim
- RFP Podcast: January/February 2023
- RFP Podcast Extra: January 2023
- A location podcast from a wet and windy Campbeltown (Mull of Kintyre) looking back at two weeks of travels around the Isle of Arran and the Mull of Kintyre. Lots of photography with the weather adding some drama to the skies and coastline. Check out the websites and the richardflintphoto Instagram feed for some images from my travels.
- In the podcast: With Twitter, now called X, making further changes to its platform and its lifespan up for debate, is it time to move back to blogging? Four great photography links including a history of photography TV series via YouTube. Photography links International Portrait Photographer of the Year 2023 https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2023/aug/15/2023-international-portrait-photographer-of-the-year-in-pictures BBC | Extraordinary photos of July's extreme weather https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-bcea7bff-641f-4cbf-b091-26491409fbdc BBC History Of Photography Complete (Episodes 1,2, and 3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMZsjYCUfpo Zak Waters – Birdmen. Great Documentary photography about Pigeon Racing https://britishculturearchive.co.uk/zak-waters-documentary-photographer-birdmen-british-culture-archive/
- A bonus podcast talking about the first of two favourite photographs shot in Northumberland in late April 2023. The image of the harbour at Seahouses is my second favourite photograph. View the photo at darkerskies.wordpress.com/podcast
- A bonus podcast talking about the first of two favourite photographs shot in Northumberland in late April 2023. The image of the couple on the beach at Alnmouth is the first favourite photograph. View the photo at darkerskies.wordpress.com/podcast
- In the podcast: More drama from Twitter with the tweet feed vanishing from the website, the new social media platform Threads arrives and looks promising, and there's more website improvement work. In the links, Eve Arnold's excellent portrait and documentary work, a love letter to the industrial part of the Melbourne suburb and the makers who work there and an 84-year-old photo mystery is solved! Photography links Mystery of Holocaust escape girls solved after 84 years https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66040197 Roller Door: Moorabbin makers at work https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2023/jul/09/roller-door-moorabbin-makers-at-work Brothels, bartenders and film stars: Eve Arnold’s women https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2023/jul/10/brothels-bartenders-and-film-stars-eve-arnolds-women-in-pictures BONUS LINK Prix Pictet shortlist 2023: Human […]
- In the podcast. Details on April's visit to Northumberland and photographing a couple of fantastic castles, the landscape, and more. Streamlining work on the website, to make the site a little more slick and light, and the problem with old WordPress plugins. Instagram and Twitter thoughts and RFP's social media future. The podcast link is for the excellent Railroad through the American landscape video work of Acme Cinematography on Youtube Podcast link https://www.youtube.com/@AcmeCinematography
- In the March podcast: Changes to the podcast page including an audio player on the darker skies website, social media accounts including the RFP Instagram feed start up again… slowly. In the photography links… The flaky remnants of adverts painted onto the walls of Bradford buildings years ago are being recorded by photographer Jenna Greenwood and Alex Boyd is using a photographic process developed by the Victorians more than 170 years ago to create images of Scotland and Ireland. Ghost signs: Bradford's faded adverts photographed https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-64798380 The photographer using a Victorian process to picture Scotland https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-64053045
- 35 years or more after seeing it as a tennage photographer just starting to take images, I've rewatched the BBC Arena documentary 'Mentioned in Dispatches' about Vietnam war photographer Tim Page. I thought I'd capture some brief thoughts about Tim's images, his influence on my photography and how the documentary looks now.
- In the podcast: A catchup about what's been happening and the plans of the podcast, photobooks etc, and in the links, I take a look at one of my early heroes Vietnam war photographer Tim Page who died in August 2022. Tim had a huge influence on me as a young photographer. The 'Mentioned in Dispatches' BBC documentary especially sparked my interest in photojournalism. Links mentioned in the podcast Time Page's obituary in The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/01/tim-page-obituary Tim Page: the Vietnam war photographer’s career in pictures https://www.theguardian.com/media/gallery/2022/aug/24/tim-page-the-vietnam-war-photographers-career-in-pictures Tim Page 'Mentioned in Dispatches' – BBC Arena -1979 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JPT_fKHOzw
- Back with an update about the Podcast for 2023. Regular episodes, short 5 minute podgrams and more.